Monday, May 3, 2010

I Want My Stuff Back....

Spoke to the REA about getting my stuff back... random things that didn’t fit in my car upon break up night.
Including, oh yes, my laptop.

Apparently I’d told him that he could use it for as long as  he needed. Yes – I distinctly remember this conversation.
However, myself, and the general population, seem to think that these rules change somewhat upon a breakup. Do they not?

I’m now being sworn at, and told I’m a ^$@$^*%#% and that I’m inhibiting him from doing his job if I take back my own possessions. This is new territory to me!
Apparently I also owe him money for him fixing said laptop. Why – I’m not entirely sure – I didn’t ask him to fix it/use it etc.

So instead of a further ranting session, I’m treating this like a business deal – and I’ve set a D-date. 4 weeks should be sufficient for him to get his things in order. Correct?
Thereafter – I WANT MY STUFF BACK!!!

Why must we always degenerate into children upon breakups. Cant it ever just be a “hey this was fun; have a good life convo”?