I suppose in most facets of life, in most minds of the mature and neutral… the before mentioned should be considered a compliment.
But in a world where street cred rules, where acronyms are the “new cool” and where BYOB and LMAO apparently stand for “stuff”, to the under 30 market, CUTE… is not so cute!
In actual fact, cute stands for “ugly but fuckable”.
“CUTE… you think I’m cute… GOD Twinkie… thanks for the insult!”
I hurl this back at him over drinks with the crew last night at our usual. I’m well aware the insult is far from intended, but its far to easy to get him going and into full apologetic mindset.
“Well you are cute” he shoves back. “No scrap that, you are beautiful Crashlett” he rambles with the beginnings of a faint flush starting to creep in.
Wow, beautiful… a powerful compliment. Most women today get the likes of “hot”, or “sexy” or “smokin’” if the skirt/belt/skirt calls for it.
But beauty is a rare occurrence, something which should not be flaunted and thrown about. A complement of such stature should only be given when wholly deserved Twinkie. Don't waste it!
And as much as I firmly believe that a woman should learn to accept compliments with grace and poise, I curl up like the blubbering idiot I am beneath the skirt, and FM boots (credit to BAGLETT for this term) and mutter.. “aah gee thanks Twinkie… you’re making ME blush.”
Tonight, the shy girl within me, will walk all over the cute.. and will take the beautiful...
But in a world where street cred rules, where acronyms are the “new cool” and where BYOB and LMAO apparently stand for “stuff”, to the under 30 market, CUTE… is not so cute!
In actual fact, cute stands for “ugly but fuckable”.
“CUTE… you think I’m cute… GOD Twinkie… thanks for the insult!”
I hurl this back at him over drinks with the crew last night at our usual. I’m well aware the insult is far from intended, but its far to easy to get him going and into full apologetic mindset.
“Well you are cute” he shoves back. “No scrap that, you are beautiful Crashlett” he rambles with the beginnings of a faint flush starting to creep in.
Wow, beautiful… a powerful compliment. Most women today get the likes of “hot”, or “sexy” or “smokin’” if the skirt/belt/skirt calls for it.
But beauty is a rare occurrence, something which should not be flaunted and thrown about. A complement of such stature should only be given when wholly deserved Twinkie. Don't waste it!
And as much as I firmly believe that a woman should learn to accept compliments with grace and poise, I curl up like the blubbering idiot I am beneath the skirt, and FM boots (credit to BAGLETT for this term) and mutter.. “aah gee thanks Twinkie… you’re making ME blush.”
Tonight, the shy girl within me, will walk all over the cute.. and will take the beautiful...
