Monday, March 8, 2010

A Heavy Hearts Concern...

I reckon that if you can count the number of your true friends on one hand - then you are gifted in life.
Either that - or you really don't know anyone, and the world actually hates you! I'm going with the first theory - otherwise it just makes me sad!
This leads me to the following:  Where do you draw the line in friendship?
Do I have the right to tell my best pal what I really think of her "could be better" boyfriend? Or is that a move that leads me to risk losing her! Their relationship spans more time that our "almost decade" friendship.

Her smile does not curl up as high. The sparkle in her eye is gone, replaced only with dull "bleh" and her usual bubbly self and zest for life have vanished.

I want to throw things at him when he is near. The evils I imagine are somewhat comical, and the daily saga she deals with is bordering on soap opera worthiness.

But somehow I feel that - "babe, I think your underachieving unmotivated b/f will hold you back from great things in life..." won't go down that well!