Its 11PM...
I will tell you where I am supposed to be, before I tell you where I actually am.
I am supposed to be dressed in 80s neon clothing, shaking my tush on a dancefloor to remixed Roxette, surrounded by my 7 best friends and a crowd of people I don’t know, with tequila and red bull flowing freely. I’ve been waiting for this night for 3 weeks. – all in the name of my birthday!!!
Instead, I’m in the hospital waiting room at shitty public germ infested hospital central, trying to force details out of the nurse who seems to think that by ignoring me I will actually go away. No chance there hunny!
The REA was in a car accident earlier. A minor fender bender - where his car didn’t survive. The issue however – is that he has not called a housemate or a friend to help – he has called his ex girlfriend.
So whilst I sit in the waiting room, on my crackberry smsing his mom and friends to let them know that yes, he’s on a backboard with a neck brace, but the doc has assured that he only has whiplash and will be fine, I am in fact missing my own birthday party.
The audacity of his friends to say “send him our love; we are going out partying” kills me.
What kills me more is the fact that he is asking for kisses, had not told a soul we are no longer an item, and has begged me not to go! I feel so sorry for him in a single moment. In the next moment I feel pure anger!
He used the oldest trick in the book – emotional blackmail! And I let him!
I cannot forgive that!
If that makes me sick or shallow or insincere – then call me names and shame me.
If the fact that I NEVER want to see him again after this episode makes you dislike me – stop reading my blog.
But the thought of how he manipulates disgusts me so!
