Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just Not Into It Anymore...

Went out to the beach with the REA this weekend. The sun was melting my face as we walked.

Have become acutely aware at how people stare...
I’m used to people staring (no, not because I’m 5ft10 with perfect puppies – I wish – ha!), but I’m used to people looking and thinking (she’s different).
I’d prefer to blend into the background a little more if at all possible!

But now with the REA, when he removes his shirt, not only do people stare, small children also point, and old ladies remark in hushed tones. Even his friend comment.
He’s so covered in tattoos, it looks as if someone drew all over him in crayon whilst he was asleep.

When I was 21 – YES, I thought it was so very hot.
But, today I noticed myself looking and thinking; possibly for the first time; yuck! I couldn’t stop thinking- why would you think it was attractive and do that to your body?!?!

My stomach turned; because I realised that it’s no longer what I find appealing. It’s now what I find repulsive.
Small/few  tattoos – SEXY
So many tattoos  - just not my thing anymore!

Had to make an excuse later that eve to go home; couldn’t look at those tats any more.
Yes – I suppose this does make me shallow. To some, it apparently makes me “normal”!