I spent the evening at Metro Mans place this week.... He made dinner, I drank wine.
We go “way back”, which explains why I actually let him cook for me. I can dictate what he’s supposed to do without fear of bruising his ego; and he gratefully accepts suggestion!
Bonus! – well trained!
I stayed over, considering his gorgeous view is a stones’ throw away from the office, and if I have not already told you – I love to sleep in.
Taking a page from the good little lass book – he reminded me that a pre-bed cleansing regime is not to be missed.
That should have made me wonder. Most nights I go from “out” to “bed” in about 5 minutes flat; and I tend to bypass bathroom en route entirely!
On a good night, my a pre bed regime normally consists of wash, tone and moisturize – to ward off those nasty wrinkles, and keep pillows white as opposed to mucky orange from base...
And like most women (those French lasses excluded), I have about 3-4 facial products that regularly find their way onto my skin; maybe a serum here or there, and a far overpriced eye cream too.
Wow – my mother would be so proud.
That’s enough isn’t it?
Apparently not!
Metro Man has an entire universe devoted to skin food.
No, it’s not a little shelf amongst the greater cabinet of mansentials like toothpaste, 3-in1 body/hair/face wash and the sorts.
It’s a mansized bathroom unit, stocked full of the latest and most talked about products.
Eye cream, day cream, night cream, citrus serum, lift serum, plump-me-up-tonic, scrubs, treatments, skin food pills..... and the odd list goes on!
And on...
I’m not completely uneducated as to the necessities to good skin care, but some of these things I’ve never even heard about.
It was like staring into an infinite abyss.. it was never ending...
So whilst he sat with a set of whitening strips on his chompers, plucking at his single chest hair standing out so proudly, I set to work invading the abyss, to see what else it contained.
Apart from the obvious expected tube or 2 of toothpaste and some floss, it contained 3 body washes – apparently they all make him feel “different”, a cream for this and that, organic non-soap soap, 3 organic shampoos, 2 conditioning treatments, body scrub, foot scrub, sugar scrub, and much more.
There were 67 bottles of “stuff” - I counted 32 facial products in total – 32!
When asked as to why he owned so many high end pretty prep products, and why on earth 32 facial godsends....
His simple answer... Crash – It’s called Mansturizing....
By the way – it must be working...
The man is 32 – and does not have a single wrinkle or skin blotch in sight.
And no – he’s had no work done, although I’m sure he wouldn’t cross it off his “to do” list completely!
