Friday, July 16, 2010

Nom Nom Disruptions...

I have a complaint to lodge – no, it’s not against men...
(what a relief)

It’s against people who join friends for dinner – and then don’t eat.

In no way am I pointing fingers at those uber skinny gals who hold unhealthy relationships with food as the enemy, and survive only on ciggies and Champaign either.
Not today!

Today – I bitch and moan about people who gatecrash dinner plans, but don’t order a thing to eat, because they have already eaten.
Yes, I understand that 9pm dinners are a bit unusual, but an invitation to an impromptu last minute dinner arrangement is just a way for us to say “hey – we couldn’t be arssed to cook tonight so are eating out and chatting; come join us if you are free”.
It’s an open invitation!

If you are otherwise pre-occupied, or don’t want to get off the couch because of Top Gear reruns, then we do understand. We won’t hold a gun to your head and force you to leave the snuggely comfort of your flat and brave the CT storm.

But do not, for the love of food, do not join my dinner table (yes, it is mine; see that platinum engraved name plate) refuse to order a damn thing except 4 cocktails, and then hurry me through my dinner!

It’s a sure fire way to suck the enjoyment and fun out of my evening gluttony session.

This blog is not called nom-nom for nothing. Food and I have a very personal and deeply meaningful relationship. Don' disrupt it, or I will ninja your ass out of here!

Fun-sucker!!