In fact – I view myself more as a tomboy in heels. (heels only when necessary), otherwise I’m quite comfy in jeans, footie boots or playing in mud. Toit leather jackets suit me far better than dresses ever could...
But that’s not to say that I’m opposed to good hygiene and common decency to match my socks should I choose to wear any.
Nope......
But my ego is a little bruised and fragile, and I’m not even sure if I’m supposed to feel this way.
I have an acquaintance, from who I get the distinct feeling – thinks I’m superficial.
His perception oddly hurts!
Why I give a shit – is beyond me. Feel free to shed some light here readers....
So what if I choose to indulge in some of the rarities of female obsession that us woman (the better sex) are afforded.
Like the occasional massage, manis and pedis, GHD’ing my locks (see how I now use that as an actual verb/action – bliss). Besides – I’ve lived with men who owned a GHD before I ever did.
Stellies art students are a different breed!
I’m a woman – not a cavewoman!
I’m allowed to shave my pits. (although I personally feel this should be a general societal expectation, not an option)
I’m allowed to have false nails. – In my case they are maintenance free.
I’m allowed to hide a blemish under a mountain of MAC on a “fat day”.
I’m allowed to smell nice – although I’m yet to meet a man I’m keen on who ever compliments on this.
After all – the trackie pant and frizzy hair look went out in the 80’s... (fashion police – please do not repeat this monstrosity)
With my ego bruised, I went in search of the advice of Metro Man, although only with a pinch of salt – as he rarely deals in anything but extremes.
His professional opinion: I’m not superficial... I’m just well groomed.
Well then it must be so.... (haha)
After all – do you want to date a cavewoman, or do you want to date a woman...?
Final Arguments; as they say in the courthouse:
If you saw what I look like when I wake up – you should be thanking the creators of MAC, GHD and Treseme.
Tina Turner and the morning Afro have NOTHING on me....
