OK here’s the thing – I love to sleep. I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before.
If you’ve seen my bed, clad in woollies imported 500 thread count sheets and down duvet – you will understand! Trust me – you will!
This invariably means that I race out of bed at the very last minute on most days.
Come to think of it, if I could go to bed fully clothed for the following working day, I would – especially if it would save me 5 minutes of staring into the darkness of my cupboard, wondering; black... or black india... hmmm – decisions.
Now you understand why I pee in the shower. It saves precious precious time.
(see Early Morning Multitasking - 9 March)
As you can imagine, my morning routine is a feat of timed precision.
Skilfully crafted to minimise effort – and designed to ensure that I get to work 52 seconds before my boss each day.
The insight I wish to share here is this: I don’t put on make-up in the mornings for work.
Why should I?
Not if I’m going to spend my days in the office surrounded by the fairer race of equally unconcerned lasses.
I only primp and preen in front of the mirror with a flurry of brushes, powders and puffs if I intend to see clients first thing.
Instead I let my skin breath for a good few hours each morning, and then at 12:30 daily, I waltz on down to the ladies, make up bag dragging in tow.
I don’t take 15 minute smoke breaks every 15 minutes, so why can I not be afforded the luxury of extended bathroom breaks. Who cares what I do in there....
And besides... the lighting in the ladies domain – is far superior to anything I have at home.
It’s like it was designed for this very purpose.
So I take my 15... and treat myself to some “me time”....
But this unfortunately does not limit the remarks or snide comments that only women can engineer, nope – it fuels them...
The standard remark: “And who are you tarting up for today?”
Crash: myself...
