Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Pot of Colourful Bullshit!

I'm in full agreement that the theory of six degrees of separation is a true reality.

Never more so, than in this dear city of Cape Town.

In fact – I think it’s far smaller than 6...

I find myself at the middle of an odd triangle, one to which I have no real desire to be a part of, and which actually doesn’t even involve me.

There are 3 women I know in life:
A lifelong gal pal
A colleague pal
A new found friendship pal

All three of them know one another and have met on their own accord, or at least they are mild acquaintances...

The dilemma - all three of them are in the midst of a flirting frenzy; with the same guy...
... and they don’t know it.

The only reason I’m privy to such tasty snippets, is because as each woman receives sms’s or emails from said man-whore, they send them straight onto me / or holler down the hall – “Crash, your copywriting skills are required.”
Note: I’m not a copywriter, in fact, sometimes the English language evades me entirely.
On some days however – I surprise even myself with a quick witty chirp packing optimal impact.

Now I’m getting told the dirrrty details of all 3 salacious would-be/could-be encounters, and asked – “he said XXXXXX - what should I reply back?”
My standard answer is usually “you don’t”!
But the deadpan expression that particular response provoked wasn’t appreciated.
So I entertain their fantasies with witty and sexy remarks, and us girls giggle like teenagers at the subtle sexual innuendos in what has now become my “3 way text relationship with man-whore”

How am I supposed to look this okie in the face and pretend that I don’t know what’s going on behind the curtains? Every fibre in my being is itching to holler out to him “I know what you are doing, nah-na-na-na-nah...”

I must admit – the man has a very stunted imagination, as the messages are all from the same pot of colourful bullshit!