Monday, June 21, 2010

Nasty Weather Gods and a Perve Sesh...

Had to gather all the energy I had to pull myself out of bed this morning. My friends were smart enough to take the full day off after last nights Brazil spectacular!

The weather Gods knew there was a game at the stadium at lunch, and I’m sure they deliberately scheduled a torrential downpour over this time frame – just to spite us!
Cruel Cruel Weather God!!!

I rocked up at work – looking like a Christmas tree decoration; all in red, white and green – to show my Porta support, only to realise that I had not put in for half a days’ leave.

So after much argumentative motivation as to why Portugal could not take to the field without their core supporter (ME) in the grounds, and how missing this game would actually lead to my death, the boss was super understanding – and gave me the rest of the day off. Yippee...
I’m going to have to work like a beast tomorrow to make up for it!

It rained, we screamed, we perved over Ronaldo, we complained about the cold, we perved again, we drank more beer, and we screamed some more...
Somewhere in-between the perving and the beer there was a football game!

Oh yeah – we won 7 : 0