It’s been a week! 1 whole entire week!... and he still has not called!
In case I never mentioned it previously, UH#2 took my cell number at the meat-market. RESULT!!!
It was before 12PM, so I will consider it a legit and rational decision. The ugly bus had not yet departed!
In actual fact – he took my cell – pinned in his number, then rang through to his until it showed up! Then he saved it! Yes he did... :)
Part of me thinks that was pretty “genius”, the other half upon later over-analysation (we all do it) – thinks it may be because he’s been given incorrect numbers one too many times, and he’s since wised up. Either way – he ended up with my cell number, and me with his.
I have a rule: I don’t call men first!
If that means that I potentially lose out to Mr Perfect because he was waiting to hear from me, well then I lose out! - And he could not have been that perfect anyway!
I have this rule to ensure that I’m not looking into things that are not there. We may end up disappointed with men at one point or another in life. - I just hope that by letting them call, it’s because they are actually interested!!! That way – I minimize precious stalking time spent on those who don’t care.
Women are famous for: overanalysing the way he moves his hands when he talks, or the way he nibbles on his bottom lip when he’s nervous, or the way his arm accidentally brushed against mine whilst we were gazing off into one another’s eyes (although he never actually intentionally moved his arm, but was bumped from behind)
We read these “sometimes” ridiculous things into pretty much nothing, and yes, I know its sooo much fun, but come on!
Sorry - I digress - back to my rule: I don’t call men.
I mentioned it in what I thought was a cute coy manner when he said “so now you have my number, and I have yours”
It went something along the lines of: giggle giggle... “I don’t call men; they call me”
And then what did I do?
I waited and waited and WAITED for him to call.
I waited and waited and WAITED for him to call.
WTF!!!! Don’t ask for the number if you don’t plan on using it UH#2.
I never hinted for you to take it.
I never asked for you to call.
So if you have no intention of using it - then just don't bother with the number.
Please let us feel a little less humiliated!
I never hinted for you to take it.
I never asked for you to call.
So if you have no intention of using it - then just don't bother with the number.
Please let us feel a little less humiliated!
Now I’m just miffy and irritated; and I risk getting whiplash checking my cell every time it rings so I can answer and pretend I don’t have a clue who’s on the other end. OF COURSE!!
Now I’m just feeling pooh – that some guy didn’t call.
Really – what a waste of time! This week has drained me, and dragged on FOREVER. I may have aged more in the last week than God herself indented!
I need a pick me up...
