Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Weather Girl lied...

The weather girl declared it to be a sunny day in CT today.

Best Gal Pal (BGP) and I decided – that the best way to spend such a pretty sunshine Saturday – was to relax on the beach with champers and snackies, and watch the waves tumble by.
If it were summer – this wouldn’t be such a misdirected option. Bikinis here we come!

However – it’s the middle of winter, and the weathergirl lied about one thing!
Yes – the sun may be shining – but it’s still friggin' COLD out!

So we spent some time on the beach – curled up under blue blankie, with Champaign and stinky cheese yumminess.

...30 minutes later...

ME: ok, I'm bored now – can we go home yet?
BGP: no – we are being cultured!
ME: then why are we drinking warm Champaign out of plastic cups?
BGP: because they don’t know that.
ME: Who's “they”?
BGP: them!!! She punts ... eyeing the beach...

I looked around – all I saw was seagulls, and an empty beach... not a single person around!
ME: yeah – they are smart aren't they – THEY all stayed inside today!!!

10 minutes later we were packing up.

After shaking sand out of blanky – and onto EVERYTHING else, I wrapped my shivering body with pale blue lips on the verge of hypothermia up in the shelter of the fluff, and finally got back into the warmth of the car.

BGP: Hey Linus – you going to eventually let that thing go?
Me: NO!! NEVER!!!
Me: now let’s go – I want ice-cream!

BGP: %#$*&^%$ off!
Me: Love you too...